CPLS hosts a judged lily show every July in Saskatoon, SK. Entries are accepted from members and non-members alike. There is no charge to enter, and we encourage you to come showcase your lilies with us.
2020 would have marked the 54th Annual Lily Show hosted by CPLS! Unfortunately it was canceled due to COVID19.
Shows are typically held at The Mall at Lawson Heights, 134 Primrose Drive Saskatoon SK.
Typically entries are accepted on the Thursday and Friday prior to the show. Times may change year to year but typically from 3 to 9 PM Thursday evening and 8 AM to 9:30 AM on Friday mornings. Advance entry tags may be obtained from:
1615 Alexandra Ave.
Saskatoon, SK S7K 3C4
call (306) 653-0819
Begins promptly at 10:00 AM on Friday. Areas of the show will be closed to the public during judging. The official North American Lily Society (NALS) judging system is used to judge entries in our show.
AWARDS & TROPHIES
Awards in the horticulture classes include:
- Fred Fellner Trophy, Grand Champion lily stem drawn from all classes but excludes florets;
- Reserve Champion lily stem drawn from classes but excludes florets;
- Grand Aggregate Plaque respresents most ribbons, based on a point system for ribbons
- Founding Presidents' Award, best Seedling in Section C Class 39;
- CPLS Award, best three stem entry Class 41;
- T.A. (Andy) Dingwall Award, best collection of 8 Asiatic lilies, Class 42;
- Canadian Hybridizers Trophy, best collection of 3 Canadian hybridized, registered lilies, Class43;
- Junior Exhibitor Award, best stem exhibited by a Junior, Class 38 and/or 39;
- J.C. Ericksen Award, best pink lily, Classes 1-32,38,39,41-43;
- C.F. Patterson Award, best registered Patterson hybrid Classes 1- 3,38,41-43;
- A.J. Porter Award, best registered Canadian hybrid Section A,H,I, Class 38;
- Fred Tarlton Award, best martagon lily Class 4,14,24,31,32,38,39, 41,43 and
- Percy Wright Award, best red lily, Classes 1-32,38,39,41-4
Floral design classes which make use of the lily as the central theme:
- Connie Reavie Award, best vase of lilies;
- D. Gilmour Award, best basket of lilies; and
- Dianne Putland Award, best arrangement.
This begins after lunch, at 1 PM on Friday with a 9 PM closing time. Public viewing resumes on Saturday from 9:30 AM to 3 PM.
STEMS ON SALE
Exhibitors may pick up their entries between 3:00 and 3:15 p.m. on Saturday. Exhibits not claimed by 3:15 p.m. will be sold with the proceeds going to CPLS for various projects.
Show results/winners are posted on the site after September, and available on the resources page as a pdf file for download (see below).
The Scale of Points is used to judge Horticulture Sections A,B,E,H, I and Class 38:
- Condition -30 points
- Vigour - 20 points
- Placement on stem - 20 points
- Flower substance - 10 points
- Form of flowers - 10 points
- Colour of flowers - 10 points